The Perth Mint Lunar Series 1 are the coins I would recommend to collect both for those just starting and those wishing to enhance their collection.
The Series has plenty going for it:
1. Tiny mintages, especially compared with other issues.
2. First series of its kind and led the way to the commemorative series market which is huge today
3. Superb quality
4. Interesting though somewhat stylized designs.
5. 100% Silver so always backed by a silver bullion price.
6. Minted by an internationally recognized mint that has an outstanding reputation.
7. Prices are still very reasonable considering the mintage’s and scarcity of these coins.
8. Price appreciation is assured due to the mintage numbers and an increasing interest in the series.
Posted in Lunar Coins, Silver Coins
Tagged australia coins, australia silver coins, Australian Coin, australian coins, Coin, coins, lunar coin, lunar coins, lunar silver, perth mint, Silver Coin, silver coins
What a great year for new coin releases and still more to come. Many collectors don’t like so many coin releases – and this year there does seem to be a lot of them! However, they do bring new collectors into the fold, and generally create excitement around coin collecting as a worthwhile, rewarding hobby and investment vehicle.
Posted in Lunar Coins
Tagged ANDA, australia coins, Coin, coins, Dragon, dragon coin, Dragon Coin Fair, lunar coin, lunar coins, lunar series, lunar silver, Silver Coin, silver coins